DAR is looking for talented and motivated individuals who can help us deliver crypto pricing and market data to institutional investors. See our current openings below, and send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
DAR offers competitive compensation packages, meaningful stock options, a 401k, health insurance, and the ability to work from home or one of our offices, among other benefits.
Digital Asset Research is seeking a Crypto Research and Market Analyst to assist on various market research projects focused on cryptocurrencies, digital asset exchanges, and market trends. This individual must have strong research capabilities and investigative instincts. The Crypto Research and Market Analyst plays an important role in the organization by delivering client-facing research content and offering crypto expertise to our internal tech and product teams.
- Assist the research team in performing in-depth analysis on cryptocurrencies, crypto exchanges, and the broader digital assets market
- Identify and track market news, catalytic events, and important regulatory announcements in the digital asset space
- Transform research findings into easily digestible content across a variety of mediums, including research papers, briefings, email newsletters, and presentations
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on topics related to crypto assets, blockchain transactions, and emerging industry trends
- Copyediting as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years as a research analyst with a traditional finance, consulting, or cryptocurrency focused firm; individuals with equivalent professional experience in other roles/industries who have strong crypto expertise will also be considered
- Strong research capabilities and investigative instincts
- Understanding of financial markets
- Must have a passion for blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience with HubSpot preferred
- Experience interacting with a variety of crypto protocols/blockchains and assets preferred
- Able to join calls during business hours GMT
Position Type: Contract or Direct
Work Location: Remote
Digital Asset Research (DAR) is seeking an experienced data architect for its fast-growing cryptocurrency research business, surveying the broad universe of tokens and providing real-time pricing around the clock and the globe. This is an excellent opportunity for a crypto enthusiast, but the role does not require a crypto background and candidates looking to enter the industry are encouraged to apply. The position is remote only to start, and requires management of a global team.
As a high-growth startup in the rapidly evolving crypto space, DAR offers a unique opportunity to create the next generation of solutions that will set the standard for digital asset data quality. With a collaborative environment that’s focused on ideas rather than seniority, we empower our developers to take ownership of feature design and delivery while maintaining a high degree of autonomy. Our mission is to drive the future of crypto data and we invest in learning opportunities for our team members, both those new to the industry and crypto veterans, to ensure we’re at the forefront of what’s next in the space.
- Build and maintain logical and physical data structures, managing naming standards, data governance, data quality, toolkits and development environments including management of ETL developers and DBAs.
- Creation of an abstraction layer to allow flexibility to change underlying databases (schemas/ DB engines) without impacting applications.
- Build and maintain highly available data-driven and crypto-focused databases and ETLs to facilitate cryptocurrency research for financial institutions.
- Design and implement tables, stored procedures, views, cron jobs and SQL with ownership in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Translate detailed subject-matter-specific business needs and requirements into thoughtful, durable, scalable solutions.
- Automate testing (unit, functional, integration) and delivery pipelines; participate directly in prioritization and review efforts.
- Support best practices in Agile, SDLC and CI/CD.
- Participate directly in a fast-growing start-up with high client expectations.
- 4-5+ years in database architecture, including experience in data modeling, physical database schemas, monitoring, database tuning and support for developers; financial-services/FinTech experience a plus.
- 2+ years management experience
- Degree(s) in computer science, applied math, data analysis, engineering, stats, or a related field of study.
- Advanced experience in SQL. We use SingleStore, and advanced experience in MySQL is a huge plus.
- Proficiency in Linux (Ubuntu) and shell/bash scripting.
- Ability to collaborate and self-start in equal measures – strong understanding of abstraction.
- Demonstrable competencies in SDLC best practices, CI/CD automation.
In a full time capacity, engage with the team to problem-solve complex problems. Identify how to break solutions into achievable milestones and work to deliver work in conjunction with team dependencies. Work will contribute to core lines of business and practices will be in line with company standards. Company standards will be taught and maintained, including:
- Proper git use of branches, reviews and versioning
- Sustainable coding practices in object oriented programming languages (C#) and scripting (bash, python, etc)
- Documentation maintenance as features are delivered
- Iterative development to deliver durable, concise and clear engineering work
- Work with a project plan to communicate progress and align deliverables to company timelines
- Coordinated changes across multiple levels of a system including software, data and infrastructure
Candidates with the broadest collection of skills (novice level or better) are preferred, and no one skill is required:
- git-based source control
- Object oriented programming language (C# is most used. Java, Go and others are good)
- Project planning methodologies (agile, scrum, etc)
- System administration, including Linux and cloud engineering
- Building processes for software (dotnet build, maven, gradle, go build, etc)
- Configuration management (environment variables, configuration files, ec)
- Basic networking (IP ranges, ports, DNS, TLS, etc)
- Data structures (relational, key-value, document)
Digital Asset Research (DAR) is seeking an experienced Operations Specialist for its fast-growing cryptocurrency data business, surveying the broad universe of tokens and providing real-time pricing around the clock and the globe. In this middle office-type role, the Operations Specialist will improve crypto price, trade, and reference data quality by onboarding new data sources, performing reconciliations, initiating data analysis, and investigating anomalies.
This is an excellent opportunity for a crypto enthusiast, but the role does not require a crypto background and candidates looking to enter the industry are encouraged to apply. The position is remote only to start.
As a high-growth startup in the rapidly evolving crypto space, DAR offers a unique opportunity to create the next generation of solutions that will set the standard for digital asset data quality. With a collaborative environment that’s focused on ideas rather than seniority, we empower our team to take ownership of delivering high quality products to our clients while maintaining a high degree of autonomy. Our mission is to drive the future of crypto data and we invest in learning opportunities for our team members, both those new to the industry and crypto veterans, to ensure we’re at the forefront of what’s next in the space.
- Build and maintain processes to identify and correct the normalization of crypto exchange data – including assets, trading pairs, prices, and additional elements – to facilitate cryptocurrency pricing for financial institutions.
- Manage inputs to main price calculation engines, including monitoring liquidity over exchanges (CEX and DEX) and currencies.
- Create and oversee processes to onboard new exchanges, tokens, and asset types (NFTs, liquidity pools), and manage ongoing additions.
- Assist in defining and testing automated processes and data management UIs to automate operational processes.
- Identify and remediate client issues.
- Help answer client queries and requests.
- Proactively communicate internally and externally.
- Participate directly in a fast-growing start-up with high client expectations.
- 2+ years experience in management of high-volume, transactional data with a focus on clearing breaks, developing manual processes to more quickly identify and fix breaks, and driving automation.
- Experience managing core referential data.
- Strong communication skills to help customers and drive change across other areas of the firm including sales, product and technology.
- Financial services experience is a plus, especially trading desk or trading operations experience.
- SQL skills are a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and self-start in equal measures.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- High levels of attention to detail